Hospice Medical Social Worker
Minnesota Hospice has an incredible opportunity available for a Hospice Medical Social Worker to join our team of amazing professionals who are committed to elevating and making a difference for Hospice patients and their families in our local communities.
Imagine working for an employer that treats its employees like family. At Minnesota Hospice, our culture is all about taking immense pride in supporting and taking care of one another so we can take care of our patients and families at the end of life with extraordinary compassion.
As a Hospice Medical Social Worker, you will be a part of a dynamic Social Work team who works collaboratively to provide social assessments and service coordination to hospice patients and their families with a broad range of physical, mental, and emotional diagnoses.
This is a full time position, Monday to Friday with no weekends.
- Assist in completing initial psychosocial assessment of patient and family.
- Re-evaluate care plan and make necessary adjustments as patient and family needs change.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team to coordinate care that optimizes patient comfort and is consistent with the patient and family needs and goals.
- Advocate for each patient’s end-of- life wishes and help individuals address the emotional aspects of late state illnesses.
- Coordinate with community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Provide services to patients in a home care setting and/or facility.
- Participate in and assist in managing the bereavement program.
- Support RN and NP with initial hospice admission and completion of legal documents.
- Provide Hospice education to patients, families, and community.
- A current, Minnesota Social Work license as an LGSW. We also welcome LSWs with equivalent work experience to apply.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in health care, hospice experience preferred.
- Must be licensed with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Current licensure through the Minnesota Board of Social Work
- Empathy to feeling of the terminally ill and their families before and after patient’s death.
- Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along with understanding of the hospice concept
- Demonstrates good communication skills, negotiation skills and public relations skills.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License
Interested in this Position?
Email your resume using the email link below, be sure to indicate which position you are applying.