Hospice Registered Nurse (RN)
Fulltime 32 Hours, Benefit Eligible
(Thursday-Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
As a Hospice Registered Nurse, you will help support our amazing team with nursing needs by filling in and supporting patients and facilities as needed and directed daily.
This position is a vital part of our hospice team and will enable you to serve patients and families in our communities. You will be able to develop a meaningful connection in caring for our patients and with that, be able to witness what is most important to families at the end of life.
This position must be flexible and willing to work and support our patients in various locations as directed by the Director and Assistant Director of Hospice.
Position and Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support to other RNs and Registered Nurse Case Managers (RNCM) to ensure high quality care and adherence to facility policy and procedure.
- Completion of treatment and assessments as needed.
- Implement care to achieve outcomes of comfort and safe dying, self-determined life closure and effective grieving for the client, family, and community caregivers.
- Maintain communication with providers and other staff members to coordinate optimal care in use of resources for the client/family/ and community caregivers.
- Provide education regarding medication instructions to the client, family, and caregivers.
- Coordinate and communicate medication need and orders with the RNCM and Nurse Practitioner.
- Administer and coordinate delivery of medications with clients, family, caregivers, and pharmacy.
- Coordinate equipment and supply needs with Clinical Manager and/or Assistant Director of Hospice Services.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current nursing license in State of Minnesota and CPR certification
- Sensitivity to feeling of the terminally ill and their families before and after patient’s death.
- Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along with understanding of the hospice concept
At Minnesota Hospice, we take care of our employees by offering a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Raise and Bonus
- Health and Welfare benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan and 401(k) match.
- Generous Paid Time Off program that includes holiday, sick leave.
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee appreciation events
Minnesota Hospice is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Interested in this Position?
Email your resume using the email link below, be sure to indicate which position you are applying.