Hospice Classes for Families
Your Trusted Guide to Hospice Care: Learning Resources from Minnesota’s Hospice Professionals for Families
All classes are complimentary and provided by qualified Minnesota Hospice Staff. Courses can be provided as live interactive 1.0 clock-hour CE’s
Hospice Basics Class
Provides an overview on the basics of hospice care, including philosophy, services covered, the care team, hospice indicators, how it is paid for, the benefits of early referral, and how direct care staff and hospice can work together as a team to deliver quality end-of-life care. This course is ideal for required annual hospice training for all staff in long-term senior care settings, as well as for the community and families interested in learning more about the hospice benefit.
The Dying Process Class
This education describes the signs and symptoms people commonly experience during the dying process, from the transitional stage through active
dying. The Dying Process is intended for direct care staff in long-term care settings, and can also be provided as general education for families and the community.
Understanding Grief Class
Provides a basic overview of different types of grief, as well as how grief is experienced physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Strategies
for coping with grief in healthy ways, the importance of self-care, inhibitors to healthy grieving, and when it may be time to seek professional assistance are discussed. This course is appropriate for all audiences.
Schedule Your Class Today:
Contact Our Community Education Director
Call (952) 898-1022
our phones are answer 24/7, 365 days a year
In-Person Hospice and Grief Classes at New Perspective Senior Living, Faribault, MN
We are hosting a series of informative classes at New Perspective-Faribault, focusing on key topics that can benefit many in our community.
- 10.17.23 | The Dying Process | 8:30a-9:30a
- 12.19.23 | Understanding Grief | 8:30a-9:30a
Location: New Perspective-Faribault 828 1st St. NE Faribault, MN Lower Level Meeting Room
Please RSVP to ensure a spot: call Melissa Block at 507-270-1450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Care Directive Workshop: Your Path to Informed Decisions
Healthcare Directives: From Start to Finish
Join us for an exclusive, comprehensive workshop designed to guide you through the complexities of Advance Care Planning. Whether you’re initiating or finalizing your plans, we’re here to assist you every step of the way!
- Expert Guidance: Get your questions answered by our panel of experts in legal, medical, social work, and spiritual fields.
- Immediate Notarization: Complete and notarize your directives right at the workshop and leave with three certified copies.
- Inclusive Support: Whether you’re just starting or finalizing your plans, this workshop is designed to meet you wherever you are in the process.
- Date: Saturday, November 11th, 2023
- Time: 10 am – 1 pm
- Location: Minnesota Hospice, 17645 Juniper Path, Lakeville, MN 55044
- Cost: Free
Spots are limited to 50 participants. Secure your seat by registering through the Gilda’s Club website.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone looking to:
- Understand the importance of health care directives.
- Navigate the intricacies of Advance Care Planning.
- Connect with professionals from various domains to gain insights and advice.
Join Us for Clarity and Peace of Mind
This workshop, in collaboration with Cancer Legal Care and Gilda’s Club, is a step towards empowering you to make informed, thoughtful decisions about your healthcare preferences, ensuring peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
For additional information or inquiries, pleas email us: